Prof. S. S. Joshi
The course is designed so as to give you a general idea about the behaviour of atoms and grains when very precise machining is required. A lot of techniques will be covered. Some examples are diamond cutting, photolithography, etc.
- Development of machining techniques to yield precise finish
- Functioning of high resolution microscopes like Scanning Electron Microscope(SEM), etc.
- Diamond machining techniques
- Photolithography, X-ray lithography
- Development of Silicon chips
2-3 Quizzes, 1 Midsem, 1 Endsem, 1 course project worth 20% weightage.
A 5″x7″ cheatsheet is allowed for midsem and endsem. A normalized grading structure is followed, neither too strict nor too liberal.
Resources and References:
Slides are provided.
Thorough study of slides is enough.